11/04/2008

Halloween and More!

We have been busy as I am sure that every one else has as well with the whole Halloween festivities last weekend. I have been meaning to put up some new posts this last week and I have not so here we go. About two and half weeks ago I turned twenty five. Ahh I feel old, well actually I feel the same. Then Two weekends ago Lane and I went on a double date with Lane's parents. Chase took us to a customer appreciation dinner at the Grand America Hotel. He is a customer of some insurance company and they are always having these really nice dinners for their customers. It was a very nice dinner and they had a guest speak. It was Frank Abagnale Jr. and now you say, who is he. Well he is the man that they based the movie Catch me if you Can on. He spoke to us about his life and yes if you have seen the movie he is a very interesting person.

That took place on Friday night and then on Saturday we took the girls to Corn belly's at Thanksgiving point for some Halloween festivities. We did a hay bail ride, played games, went through the corn maze and just had a fun time. The girls really enjoyed it and it was great that we had such great weather.
That is not a sand box, its a corn box. Talk about a lot of corn.

Lane sliding with the girls.

We all went on a cow train.

The sun was so bright, so all day long she was going this or wearing Lane's hat to keep the sun out of her eyes. What a cutie.

Sophia in the cut out, she didn't understand to look at me.


Then on Sunday at church we had the honor of having President Erying in our ward. He lives in our neighborhood so this is his home ward. Its very rare that he comes, so right after sacrament meeting I went up and introduced myself. I didn't know that he was so tall.

And not last but least we had Halloween this past Friday. This was the Girls first official Halloween. They have been talking about it for the past several weeks. And at the last minute they wanted to dress up as Ariel and Tinkerbell. So I went to the fabric store and fashioned some costumes for them, which I have to say turned out so well. Lane took the girls around the neighborhood while I stayed home and passed out candy. Let me just say I have not seen so many trick-or-treaters before. We closed our door right before we ran our of candy, just in case we had a whole bunch of kids show up at once. And my little girls we out getting candy for two hours and they came home happy as can be. Since Friday night both girls have been so good about sharing candy with their mom and dad.
Here we are with our spooky butler. This was right before the girls left on their two hour excursion.

Sophia got to wear her costume to school. Isn't she so cute.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Grace and Sophia are the cutest! I can't wait to see them in December!