12/09/2010

Things we did the week of thanksgiving

Well lets start off with our trip to NYC. We went down the Sunday before thanksgiving, Lane has not been since we moved out here and he had all of thanksgiving week off so it was a perfect time to go. We went with our good friends and it was up to me to be the tour guide because I have been there the most out of all of us(4 times). We explored the south end of central park and then headed over to 5th Avenue. We walked 5th Avenue down to 30 rock and saw the unlit Christmas tree there. Then we headed down to time square for some fun giant toy store shopping. The girls did well for the long day and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful fall day.


We finally got the girls school pictures back and I am happy with the way they turned out. For only spending 5$ on each package, I would say I got my moneys worth



Instead of Black friday Shopping we drove two hours to the Berkshires in Massachusetts to get our Christmas tree. One of Lane's classmates parents own a huge piece of property there and let us come get one of the trees off their land for free. So we took a tractor ride out into the open and picked out this tree. It was a lot of fun and afterwards we had some hot chocolate and sandwiches to warm up. I haven't had a real tree since I was little and can I just say it smells so good. Thanks so much to the Dodge family.

No comments: