We love three day weekends. The past two weekends have been three day weekends and so of course it gives us time to do day trips. This last weekend we did some sight seeing around the area. About a thirty minute drive from our house is Zao Mountain. We can see it from our house and it is home to all the local ski resorts in the winter. So before the snow comes we decided we better make the drive to the top. At some point Zao was a volcano, but I don’t think that is still active. At the top is a huge crater with a beautiful blue green lake in it. It was really nice to visit up there because it has been really warm down below. Up at the top of the mountain it was nice, cool, and refreshing. At the top there are a few Shinto shrines, which Lane told me are covered in snow with just the tops peaking out during the winter. He was shocked to see them with out snow. The girls had a lot of fun climbing all over the rocks and playing with other kids that were up there.
At one point a group of 20 or more elementary age children came up to us and asked us for our autographs. I was shocked and I thought it was funny, but apparently we westerners have pretty neat signatures. Grace who can write her name even signed a few. In return we took their pictures with Grace and Sophia. It was a short trip just a couple of hours. But it was enough to wear out the girls so that they took three hour naps when we got home.
3 comments:
Wow, that lake is awesome, the colors of it are beautiful! How fun, three day weekends are the best! I'm glad you guys had fun, and your girls are precious!
I have been waiting for you to finally post something!! What a beautiful view... I love the mountains. That is hilarious that you guys gave out your autographs. Keep having fun over there!
That is absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment