So I want to catch up on the last two weeks really quick. Two weekends ago the same one as the sports festival we had out town festival. It is called the “Hotei Festival”. Now I am not sure what that means, but that have a parade with the Murata man on top of one of the floats. The old main street was shut down for shopping and the Parade. It’s funny because the parade is so short that it circles the town all day. So you won’t miss it. We got to watch it and it was neat. Kids from the different schools in town performed different dances in it and played the drums or flutes while marching in traditional outfits. It was another great cultural experience for our family. And lucky us, we got our heads bitten by the Dragon in the parade. Yes, 5 years of good luck for each of us.


Then one week ago my very good friend Fumii left for her mission. I am so proud of her. She joined the church just 4 years ago and is the only member in her family. She will be serving in the Japan, Nagoya Mission. I will miss her so much and I know she will be a great missionary. Go Fumii.

Fumii with her sisters. She is in the middle holding Sophia.
Ok I think that is all that has happened. Tonight we are going to Tokyo for 4 days. I am very excited. I will post our Tokyo trip when we get home.
2 comments:
How fun!!! Okay, you have to extra-ly (i know that isn't a word but oh well)enjoy tokyo for me! can't wait to hear about that trip.
How fun, I wish our parades would keep circling around. I always miss a ton of cool stuff! I'm excited to see pictures of your Tokyo trip, have so much fun!
Post a Comment