10/31/2007

Halloween!

So this year for Halloween we dressed the girls up as Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Yes they are princesses, but that is exactly what they each asked for this year. Before I even told them that I was going to buy them costumes. While the Japanese do not trick or treat; they do like to have Halloween parties. So we got to go to three this year. The most fun one was of coarse our ward Halloween party. One of the American Missionaries had his mom send so much Halloween candy and treats. It was great. Here are some pictures from that. Lane and I at the last minute decided to go to the party as each other. I put eye shadow on my face to look like a beard and Lane shaved and I put make-up on him. The Japanese loved it. The girls also had a really fun time. This was the first Halloween that they actually got to do something.




I had to add this too. We have now been in Japan for one year now, so it is traditional to give flowers on one year aniversaries I guess. Any how Our dear friends the Kosekis gave me this huge Orchid plant that is beautiful. I love it. It is so pretty. Its taller then Grace too.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my you two are quite the pair. I definitely see Katie in his outfit! I'm glad you were able to celebrate Halloween, even if it was just parties. At least you don't have to spend so much money on candy for trick-or-treaters!

Kari Ann said...

That is awesome! I love love love the costume! Can Brian and I copy you? We will give you the credit. Oh, I am so excited! I love Halloween and I love dressing up. Your girls are pretty princesses also.

Lance and Becky said...

I love it, that's so awesome! Lane you look fabulous! Your girls look great! They look like pretty little princesses!