11/13/2007

Brilliant colors!

I can’t believe we are almost half way through the month of November and I have not posted anything. About a week and half ago we decided to go and visit a popular spot in the area for checking out the trees as they change colors. This spot is also home to the only 5 story pagoda in Northern Japan.

We invited some friends to come with us and we had a really good day. The air was crisp and fall was everywhere. The leaves on the trees were brilliant reds, yellows, and oranges. It was so beautiful. All the kids had a lot of fun playing together. Our friend Maria who came with us took really great pictures. While I have not been able to locate my camera since, she was able to take hundreds of pictures of the day. So the pictures I have posted are from Maria. I have to give a big thanks to her.
A Happy Sophia!

All the Kids playing in the Koi fish pond.

Rock, Scissor, Paper.

Grace and Her friend Akari jumping. These two girls are best friends at school.

This tree was so beautiful, we just had to take a group photo in front of it.

Just as we thought the day was over, we came across a park with a huge roller slide. These things are so fun. Lane took all three girls down at the same time.

Here is a picture of Mika, me, and Maria. We all had really good time together. I am grateful for the good friends we have here in Japan

3 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

How fun, the leaves are so pretty! Don't feel bad, I haven't posted anything this month either...until today! Lane I love the new cut, lookin good! You guys are too cute, we really miss your little family!

Lance and Becky said...

p.s. the red tree is amazingly beautiful!

Kari Ann said...

I didn't recognize Lane at first without the hair. I love fall the just being outside enjoying the weather. Fun that you have made good friends, you will have to keep intouch with them.