1/18/2008

The Car and Lobsters

On January 5th we purchased a new(to us) used car. This is the car that replaced the car that was in the accident. It is a Honda Life. In Japan it is called a Kei car. This means it is smaller, cheaper, and slower then normal cars. That is fine with us because it was in the price range that the insurance people gave us. Upon buying this car we were given additional gifts as apart of the ongoing New Year’s sales. We were offered to pick a meat out of 8 choices. I saw lobsters on the list and it sounded so good to Lane and I so that is what we picked. They told us the lobsters would be sent to our house and they would be alive. We were excited. Our car also wasn’t quiet ready to take home so they were going to delivery it to us the following Tuesday. Now the real question was: were the lobsters going to come with the car or what? When the car came there were no lobsters. Then about a week later they finally came. When I open the lobster box they didn’t move. I thought maybe they are dead. Then they started to wake up and move. Lane and I didn’t like this so we decided to give them away to our friends. We didn’t want to cook live lobsters. I enjoy eating them but not killing them. Our friends were very excited for this present of lobsters. They even showed some photos of the last time they cooked live lobsters. Although we didn’t eat them it was a neat experience to hold and play with live lobsters.

Katie and the lobster.

Koseki and the girls with the lobster.

Our new car. With Sophia in the drivers seat.

Yes, it is our new life.

1 comment:

Lance and Becky said...

Congrats on the new car! It's always fun to get a new car! I totally couldn't kill a live lobster either! I heard...not sure if it's true, but that they scream. Sad! I do love eating them though! I bet they were fun to play with though!