2/27/2008
Cereal!
Who ever thought something so simple as cereal would be hard to come by. In America there is one whole shopping isle devoted to Cereal. Now it is the exact opposite in Japan. I can tell you all the kinds of cereal they have in Japan in one short sentence. Chocolate flakes, frosted flakes, corn flakes, bran flakes, and wheat flakes. That's it. And coming from the land where cereal rules for breakfast, I have had enough of these 5 different flavors. So I decided to order some different cereals from an online store. Well they came yesterday and I had to take a picture. We got Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And a few other yummy items. We are hopping that this lasts until it is almost time for us to go home. Oh and it only took Lane about 10 mins after the order arrived to dig into a bowl of cheerios. Also I had some for breakfast this morning and it was so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
aaah simple American delights! i hope to see you guys when you come home- we'll make a special trip down to Utah! oh, also- matt left on the same day brad came into the mission. small world!!
I'm glad you guys got your cereal. It's so so nice to have a treat like that when you're living the expat life!
Isn't it funny they things you miss/appreciate when you move out of the good ol' USA?
I could never live in Japan! Cereal is my staple. I had a bowl almost every night while I was pregnant with Tauni.
I love cereal sooo much! When I'm pregnant, that's all I eat, and I have it almost every night before I go to bed! I don't know what I would do without it....I feel like I'm bearing my testimony :) You guys need to get back here, there's ooodles and oodles of cereal here!
Post a Comment