Last Saturday we went with our friends to the beach for some clam digging. This was our first time digging for clams so we had no idea what to expect. We wore shorts and sandals and we put swim suits under our clothes. When we left it was nice and sunny. Upon our arrival at the beach it started to get cold and cloudy. Our friends that we went with all had rain boots, long pants, and coats on. What were we in for? It wasn't that cold and the sand/mud was warm. We thought, "hey this wont be too bad." For Lane and I, we were fine but of coarse the girls got covered in sand and mud and were all wet and so after a couple of hours they were very cold. We had a good time digging and getting dirty. While most of the people around us stayed perfectly clean. I don't know how they managed that one. Grace and Sophia had a very good time. This was truly a dream come true for them. I am always telling them not to get dirty and to stay out of the mud and such.
While we only found 500 grams worth of clams we had a good time. We were given a 2 Kg limit and we were far from that by the time we were done. I guess we really aren't experts at finding clams. After clam digging we went to the store and bought more clams so that I could make clam chowder. The chowder turned out well and now I have a new appreciation for people who dig for clams. Over all it was a good experience that I don't need to experience again or at least until I forget what it was like.
Grace loved to play with the mud the most.

Poor Sophia fell flat into the mud.

Digging for clams or so they said. I think they were making mud pies

Having fun in the mud. Too bad it wasn't a warmer day, but at least it didn't rain.

Our findings. Half way through the morning we realized that we found lots of the wrong kind of shell fish. So that is why we left without very many clams.
5 comments:
Now you know why a can of clams costs so much, right? You guys are great, you do it all. Katie, sounds like your Korea trip went really well. I want to hear more sometime. Thanks for all of the Kyoto tips. As you can see, we used all of your great advice. Take care.
That would be so much fun- I love clams. Oddly enough, not clam chowder. But I'm sure yours tasted great! Your movies cost $18 per person or for your family? I'm excited for you to be home too so I can come visit Utah and see you.
How cool is that! I think that would have to be my kids dream as well. Sounds fun, and I would love to have your clam chowder recipe!
That's awesome! I bet the girls loved it! I think it is great you guys are taking advantage of all the experiences you can while you are there!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/daftar-rumah-sakit-yang-menyediakan-tes-swab
Post a Comment