5/12/2008

Kinkasan and More.

Last week was a holiday weekend so Lane had Monday and Tuesday off. So we decided to go Hiking on Kinkasan Island (golden flower island) about One hour north east of us. I have wanted take the girls to this island because it is suppose to have semi-wild deer and wild monkeys on it. Well it was a beautiful day and we had a good time. I also included some pictures from a BBQ we went to on Saturday and me on mother's day.

Here we are almost at the top. It was a 1km hike up. But this spot had a stunning view of the ocean

Lane and Maria at the top.

So I don't have a good zoom on my camera so click on this picture and you will be able to see the monkeys. I didn't want to get too close because I am unsure of how wild monkeys behave.

View from the top.

Maria carrying Sophia. My little girls are not so little anymore and I can't carry them anymore unless I want an aching back. Thanks to Maria for carrying her.

Here is the picture of some of the deer. They are called semi-wild because well they are wild, but they are very friendly at the same time.

We went to a bbq on Saturday night and here is a picture of the grill. They cooked clams right on the grill and a bunch of meat and veggies. It was really good food.

At school Grace drew a picture of me for mother's day. I think she did a great job. She even drew tulips. My favorite flower.

Grace and Sophia got some fish from a game they played at a children's fair last week. They named the fish Mican(Japanese for tangerine) and Rapunzel.- Rapunzel already died. And Grace took it well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no worries about giving sophia a ride on my shoulders, she's tiny. thanks for letting me join in your adventures, these and those past and future.

Lance and Becky said...

That hike had to have been so awesome! I want a monkey, I would've loved to take one of them home:) Like always you guys do the funnest and coolest things together! Love the pictures, and I'm glad you had a happy mother's day!