9/07/2008

First day of School

Two weeks ago Sophia started school for the first time. She is going to pre-school three days a week and is loving it. On her first day of school I was really worried because she does suffer from separation anxiety. As we drove to her school I talked about how fun it would be and how nice the teacher was, just so she would be happier about going. I even asked her what toys she wanted to play with and she said," Mom stop talking to me I don't know anything." So I stopped talking with her. When we got there we walked to her class room and she walked right in and didn't look back. She didn't even say good-bye. I just wanted to cry. She didn't need me any more. I couldn't believe that I was starting to have separation anxiety. She did so well her first day and continues to do well. I am so proud of my baby.
Then just two days ago Grace started school as well. She attends a Montessori school. We opted for different pre-schools because Grace's school is 5 days a week and Sophia's is only 3 days week. Grace is really enjoying her school as well. With both girls attending school I find myself not knowing how to make the most of the two hours of free time that I have. Its great.
*sorry for no pictures my computer is in the shop. I will post their first day of school photos later.

1 comment:

Lance and Becky said...

K- you need to call me so we can get together...if you don't mind me bringing my 2 kiddos :) I would love to hang out!