
Today is earth day and in honor of the great plant that we live on I want to share some "green" things that I do and you can easily do as well, to help keep our plant healthy.
1. I use reusable bags when I go shopping. I got some really cute ones from Ikea for $1.50 and they work well where ever I go. We even got one to hold our pool items.
2. We use rechargeable batteries in all of our things that need batteries.
3. We have the long life light bulbs that last 5-7 years.
4. In Grace's lunch we use containers that can be washed for all her lunch items. She also has a cloth napkin and washable lunch bag.
5. I never let my car idle. I always turn off the car.
6. We always take our worn out clothes to second hand stores, where hopefully someone else can use them.
7. We use reusable water bottles.
8. We unplug and turn off everything when we go on trips.
9. We recycle paper and try to use the back of paper to get more use out of it if possible.
10. With Lane's dads help we started a compost pile in the yard.
There are many more things that I wish I could do, but I don't own my own home and therefore I can't have energy efficient appliances or a fuel efficient car(we don't own our own car). I am always trying to do what I can to help out.
To help celebrate Earth day we are going to take the girls to see the movie Earth. If you see the movie in it first week then Disney will plant a tree on your behalf. So for twenty dollars (our family of 4). Disney will plant a tree for us. And to buy a tree costs more then 5$. So it is a win win situation.
2 comments:
That looks like the same movie as the Planet Earth series on the discovery channel. It's really good though and would be cool to see it on the big screen.
I am behind in blogging. Your cruise looks like so much fun, and so does skiing. We were just saying we needed to get together with you two one of these days soon.
Post a Comment