4/14/2009

Skiing and Easter.

I should have posted this blog last week, but I didn't so I am going to post it with my Easter blog.
Since about January we have taken Grace and Sophia skiing about every other week this year and the last time we went I took some pictures. We go up to Alta Ski resort and where the bunny slope is free after 3pm and it is a high speed triple so getting to the top is pretty quick. The slope is long and has a few steep spots, but it makes for a great mountain to teach the girls on. So here is a few pictures of them skiing. And might I add they are doing really well and totally enjoy every aspect of it.
Grace on the chair lift.

Sophia on the chair lift.

Coming down side by side.

Lane has the girls make a train as they come down so they can follow him and learn to stop. And make sharp turns. Its fun to watch them go down together.

Their wonderful Ski instructor.


This year Easter was lots of fun. It was Grace and Sophia's first real Easter celebration.
We got to go to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt early on in the week and Grace did well. Sophia on the other hand stopped to cry after someone got the first egg she spotted and well she missed out on all the eggs.
Then on Easter Sunday we had the girls do a scavenger hunt for their Easter baskets and that was lots of fun. My mom had sent the Easter dresses so they were happy about the new dresses. We also got them lots of $1 store stuff and they loved it. I haven't been to the dollar stores here before, but they have lots of good stuff for kids. I also made my first fruit carving and I am quit proud of myself.
Happy and excited for their first egg hunt.

A sad Sophia. Her cousins did all give her an egg at the end.

In their Easter dresses from grandma.

Future cheerleaders. Pom-poms from the dollar store that we used to cushion the bottoms of their baskets instead of plastic grass.

The bunny that I carved out of a melon. Cute Huh?

1 comment:

Terra said...

Pom poms are a good idea. I'll have to try that for Tauni. That bunny melon is great.