8/01/2011

Reina Shepard

Reina was born July 20th at 2:48 in the afternoon. She weighed 8lbs and was 19 inches long. I had a semi natural birth as I forgot to push my epidural button ever and I could feel everything by the time she arrived. Lets just say I am a wimp and not cut out for the full deal. Back to Reina- she arrived with zero complications and is doing very well.

Waiting to have the baby. The girls showed up just a couple of hours before she was born and then waited just outside while she was being born.


Reina after she was bathed and cleaned off. At the hospital where I had her they are really into bonding right away so I did get to hold her for several hours before she was cleaned off. I have never got to do that. She was covered in that white stuff and I really wanted to pick out all the junk from her hair but I resisted.

Getting washed off.

The biggest sister holding baby sister for the first time.

Lane checking out his newest baby girl.

My most wonderful Doctor on the right. He is the best doctor on the face of the earth. I was truly blessed to have found him.

The girls love holding their new sister and at the hospital they enjoyed sharing my bed. At one point I was even kicked out of my bed.

Reina also has lots of dark hair like her sisters had.

My sister flew out to help watch the girls. So grateful for her to be able to do that.

Big sisters doing what they do best: Ooooing and Awwwing at their new little sister.

Reina is now 12 days old and lets just say she doesn't look like either of her sisters at the same age. My mother who is now here says she looks just like me as a newborn. So I think she will be a blend of the two girls. She has been a really good baby so far. She loves to sleep. She still sleeps about 22 hours a day. At night she eats and goes right back to sleep. She loves to cuddle and we love to cuddle right back with her. I think she is blending well into our family. Its already hard to imagine life with out her.

5 comments:

amy said...

Aw, she is so adorable! Glad everything went and is going well.

Sara Beth said...

Love her and all the rest of you, glad she is here

celeste said...

Congrats on your new addition- she is precious.

mican said...

she's so cute! Congratulations! I bet the girls are so happy to have another sister! And by the way you look way too good to have just had a baby!

Kari Ann said...

Oh Fun! Can't believe that she's already here, I feel like you just told us you were pregnant. Congrats and I hope you are able to enjoy her!! Can't wait to meet her!