Last week was my birthday. Lane of coarse had a test so I invited my good friend Amy (who's husband was also taking the same test)to join the girls and I for a spooky birthday celebration. We went to Sleepy Hollow NY for some spooky adventures. We started the night off at a very yummy mexican restaurant. We hadn't eaten good mexican for awhile and this hit the spot. After the yummy mexican food, went to baskin robbins to get some much need ice cream. They make my favorite sherbet ice cream. Upon finishing our ice cream we headed on over to VanCortlandt Manor for a walk through the pumpkin blaze. The pumpkin blaze is a an event held every october at one of the old Hudson valley estates. It consists of over 4,000 hand carved pumpkins all lit up on display. The pumpkins look like anything from your normal carved face to elaborate skeletons. It was very neat seeing what you could do to a pumpkin. The girls had fun and so did I.
The front of the house.
3 comments:
Is that skeleton head an actual pumpkin?
yes Matt it is a pumpkin. Everything was made out of pumpkins it was amazing.
I have just updated myself on your blog. The pumpkin estate was neat! What a fun thing! Happy late birthday! And hang in there with Lane, I know its hard to have your husband gone:( Not fun!
Post a Comment