2cups of flour, two eggs, and a pinch of salt for the pasta dough. I made the whole flour volcano to mix the eggs in and everything.
I don't know if this way of mixing the dough is crucial, but I had a rough time with it and it made an awfully big mess on my table. I will just use a bowl next time. The dough needs to rest all wrapped up for about 30mins. It will dry out if you don't wrap it. The dough did turn out really well though.
Before I made the dough I made the ravioli filling. 1/2 lb. of ground beef, 1/4 onion diced, Oregano, parsley, and 1/3 c of Parmesan cheese. Now the oregano and parsley I just added what I thought looked right so maybe 2-3 tbs each. First you need to cook the beef and onion and let it drain and then add the other things. Right before you fill the raviolis stir in one egg.
When you go to roll out the dough cut the dough into four sections. And roll out each section one at a time. I made strips and then placed the filling. To make the dough stick, scramble one egg and brush it on to one side of the dough. Don't use too much or it wont stick. I then placed more dough on the top to cover it. Make sure you get a good seal around the edge so the filling doesn't fall out while you are cooking it.
Here are the uncooked raviolis. They came out to be all different sizes, but that's OK. Now to cook them place them in boiling water for about 6 minutes. Now some of mine fell apart, but we still ate them. This recipe made about 20 raviolis which was plenty for Lane and I.
Here is Lane with the final results. He thought they turned out really good. And I did too. I am happy that I made them. It makes me want to buy all the handy pasta making tools when I go home. I always enjoy cooking when my wonderful husband is satisfied.
2 comments:
Nice work! I've always wanted to do that- or at least make my own pasta. The flour/egg 'volcano' always looks like such fun! Let me know if you want me to change up your blog again!!
Those look amazing! Send um on over here would ya!
Post a Comment