Since we were already in Tokyo for the weekend, we decided to eat at as many American restaurants as possible. And just so you know we ate at Subway 5 times. We also went to some famous sights in Tokyo. Although I had been to Tokyo before, this was the first time I actually explored the city and I just fell in love with it. It is a really neat city and it is so clean. I did not see one piece of trash any where. Even the seats on the subway looked as if someone had just vacuumed them. I highly recommend Tokyo as a tourist destination to anyone. It was a great weekend. Lane also had a conference in Yokohama (it is the city just south of Tokyo) the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afterwards so we got to stay with our friends the Griffins. The girls loved this because they love the Griffin’s children. We had a fun three days with them and I wish we could have stayed longer. Here are some pictures from our trip.
This is in front of the Tokyo Temple. It has about a 2 foot perimeter around the entire temple so we couldn't really get a good picture with us and the temple so we settle on this sign.
We are not sure how they get such good pictures of the Tokyo Temple in the church magazines, but this telephone pole was in our way.
As soon as Sophia saw angel Moroni on the top of the temple she said, "look there is princess Moroni." Very cute.
Here is Sophia and Grace on the bridge that goes over the moat that surrounds the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
Here is Grace over looking the east gardens of the Imperial Palace.
Here is Sophia crying and yawning in front of a neat looking lamp post.
Lane had to carry the girls up a steep hill. Notice the pretty cherry blossoms starting to bloom in the back ground. This means spring is just about here.
We went to the famous Meiji temple and were lucky enough to see a bride and the wedding party. She is wearing the traditional wedding Kimono.
I thought this looked neat. It is an old guard tower over looking the moat at the Imperial Palace. A quick fact too. Japan has the longest reigning dynasty in the world. And they don't use this as a guard tower anymore.
My friend Anna and I took the kids to a children's museum in Tokyo and on the way home the girls fell asleep. Poor them because we had to squash them between two car seats. While in America I think this would be totally illegal, it is not in Japan. We ended up being pulled over by the cops and they just said, "how cute." And then proceeded to tell us we made an illegal lane change. You got to love the Japanese cops.
Last, but not least is Lane about ready to blow out the candles on his birthday pumpkin pie.
4 comments:
how exciting! tokyo always looks intriguing on tv. i love seeing different temples. poor sophia crying!! but cute picture!
Hey Katie, the car thing was supposed to be top secret! It is a great picture though.
The bride in the wedding party is looking at Grace!
Hope you loved the pumpkin pie, lookin good to me! Hope you had a happy birthday Lane, and I love the pictures, the temple is beautiful (as always) and the wedding party looked so cool, I would have loved to see that!
Post a Comment